History - Beta Omega Chapter of Alpha Tau Omega
The Beta Omega Chapter of Alpha Tau Omega was initiated at The Ohio State University on May 8th, 1892. The Beta Omega Chapter was founded by E.J. Shives and A.L. Huffman. Our founders set the groundwork for our chapter and have allowed us to be where we are today. The first chapter house was located at 175 W. 10th Ave. Then, in 1915, our chapter house moved to 1932 Waldeck Ave. until 1965, when we moved once again to 1892 Indianola Ave., where we would call home for the next 28 years.
Unfortunately, in the spring of 1993, the Beta Omega Chapter of Alpha Tau Omega would close after 101 years at The Ohio State University. It would not be until 2002, that Brother James Whistler organized a new era of the Beta Omega Chapter with a 15-member colony. After lots of diligent work, the Beta Omega Chapter officially returns to campus on May 14th, 2005. The chapter house reopens at 237 E. 17th Ave., where we would remain, until two years later, where we would move again to 43 E. 15th Ave. After eight years, the chapter house would relocate one more time to 1978 Iuka Ave., where we call home today.